Styling Inspiration for the Bedroom


I can't believe how fast the first part of this year has flown by! I started my blog back in January to share the journey my husband and I are taking as we do up our first house and make it home. Any form of DIY had been put on hold mainly due to funds running low and a pure lack of motivation. 

However, it appears, over the last few weeks we have found our DIY mojo and we are getting back into the swing of things *yay*. The next room on the 'to do' list is our main bedroom. I have dreamt of doing up this room since we got the keys, two and a half years ago, the time has finally come where I can start getting excited and putting together some moodboards and ideas on how I want to turn it into the perfect bedroom. The collection above is an initial thought based on colour and texture - I like the idea of using a neutral colour palette with an accents of dusky pink. I also really love the idea of layering textures to create a soft and calm space... somewhere to come at the end of the day to relax into a good night sleep. 

Im dreaming big and I am so excited....

This is where the journey of my dream bedroom starts:

I hope our little spell of motivation continues over the coming months and I will keep you as we go. Have a great week.

Laura :) 


Image Reference
1&2. Peony & Sage 
3 John Lewis 
4. Pottery Barn 
5. Versponnenes 

Labels: , , , ,