Emily Quinton's Photography Workshop


I was lucky enough to win a spot on Emily's Photography workshop in London this weekend. It was such a brilliant day and has really inspired me.The first part of the day we all sat round a big table avidly taking notes whilst Emily talked about photography inspiration, composition and the importance of good light before we got the opportunity to get practical and put our note-taking to the test. The studio was filled with lots of pretty props for us to photograph, such as gorgeous flowers, craft materials and vintage style cases. If you know Emily from her blog or Instagram feed you will know she has the prettiest taste and had some lovely props to choose from.After lunch we gathered back around the table to take notes on the more technical aspects of photography and editing. This was a great opportunity to experiment with the settings on our DLSR cameras and get a better understanding of what each button allowed us to achieve. Armed with this new knowledge and a better understanding of the buttons on our cameras we got practical again. This time thinking about the depth of field and using the settings to allow more control of exposure. I am thrilled with the results. *yippee* I had a fantastic day, it was really lovely to meet Emily and the other people on the course. I feel I got so much from the day, a greater understanding of my camera and lots of inspiration. If you are interested in photography and styling I highly recommend booking yourself onto one of Emily's courses.
 

Labels: