Photography for Bloggers Workshop

Emily from The Startup Wife is holding an exciting little competition to win a spot on her Photography for Bloggers Workshop in London later this month. This is an opportunity I would love to get involved in so here is my competition entry:


Why I would like to win...

For me, photography is a magical experience, it is a way of capturing a fleeting moment in time and locking memories into a roll of film or pixels on a screen forever. I love to take pictures, some just snapshots of little observations I see whilst out and about, others images are of profound moments in time, all of which tell my life story.


"A good snapshot keeps a moment from running away" - Eudora Welty

I would love to win a place on Emily's photography workshop for two reasons. Firstly, as a novice photographer I would love the opportunity to learn how to make the most of my DLSR camera. I love putting collections together and styling images to post on my blog, however, I feel I lack the skills to really make my images 'sing' in the way I want them to, often leaving me a little nervous about sharing the posts on my blog.

I am really inspired by other bloggers and aspire to try and recreate the same level of professionalism with my photography. If I were to pick my all time favourite it would have to be Yevestown. I adore Yveonne's blogging style, fresh images and pastel shades and I would love to capture images that feel as happy and as dreamy as hers. As I become more confident with my camera I would love to develop a signature style.

Secondly I feel it will be an excellent opportunity to meet with other bloggers who also share a passion in crafting, photography and blogging, I have not met any fellow bloggers before so a place on the photography workshop would be a fantastic opportunity to engage and get creative.

Fingers, toes and legs crossed that I am in with a chance winning a creative day in London.

:)