Vintage Inspired Picnic


Recently Laura Ashley asked me if I would like to take part in a paper pom poms challenge along with two other lifestyle bloggers. I was really pleased to have been asked to take part because I have been meaning to make some paper pom poms for a long time.

The weather has been really lovely recently, the sun finally burst through the rain clouds which seemed to have hung over Britain for most of the winter. I decided it was the perfect opportunity to have a little picnic in the garden with my mum and try out the paper pom poms.


Having a picnic is one of my favourite thing to do at the moment, especially in the garden when the sun is shining. My Laura Ashley paper pom poms added a ruffled charm to my vintage inspired picnic. I layered up lots of blankets and cushions to create a cozy little spot and hung the pom poms in the tree above. I used an upturned apple crate for a little makeshift table with a handmade patchwork tablecloth made from vintage Laura Ashley fabric and finished the look off with some floral tea cups and a pot of tea.Although it was lovely and sunny, it was a little chilly so mum and I snuggled under a blanketand sat chatting for a little while. She reminded me that her good friend Julia used to do this for us when my sisters and I were really small. When we used to go and visit she packed a picnic in a little wicker basket and we would go for a walk in the woods, she has such wonderful vintage style which has inspired my taste in home decor.
Be sure to check out the other bloggers paper pom pom challenge and their lovely blogs. Charlotte from The Tea Drinking English Rose Charlotte from Anknel and BurbletsIf you do decide to have a little cozy picnic in your garden this weekend Id love to have a peep, tag me on twitter or instagram so I can see. Have a great weekend.Laura x







Labels: