Styling The Seasons ~ March

Spring is on the way, the sun is shining and the bulbs are in full bloom here, I can't tell you how happy I am for the arrival of the month of March and all the newness and beauty it has to offer, what a perfect month after what seems like such a long winter.

The light here at home has been perfect over the last week or so, it's so uplifting to walk into a room flooded with early spring sunshine knowing that the warmer months are just around the corner with lots to plan and look forward to. I took the opportunity this morning to capture the light and gather together some pieces to style the dresser for my #stylingtheseasons post for March. It's a simple one this month, but one I have thoroughly enjoyed putting together, photographing and sharing with you.

I have been very much inspired by the simple approach to relaxed living recently, It's nice to take it easy and allow things to just happen organically without any real plan which is quite a contrast to my usual self as I tend to be such a 'planner' with lots on the go. With this in mind I wanted to create a space which reflects a sense of calm and peace

I love of vintage glass, earthenware and terracotta, they have an understated charm which fits perfectly with the idea of relaxed living. I have filled some of my favourite vases with some spring bulbs, the blue and white blooms are a striking colour combination and a lovely contrast to the faded green of the vintage glass and terracotta pots and with the addition of twine tied around some if the glass bottles it keeps the display looking and feeling quite relaxed. I have also been enjoying these scented candles in terracotta pots, they have a very subtle floral fragrance.






Styling the Seasons is a collaborative project set up by Katy and Charlotte. If you would like to get involved share your styled surface on your blog and social media using the hashtag #stylingtheseasons and tag Katy @aptapothecary and Charlotte @lottsandlots.

Love Laura xxx

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Styling the Seasons ~ February
Styling the Seasons ~ January

Labels: ,